Apple has released iOS 12.1.3 today. The software update is the fifth update to iOS 12 since its September launch, which follows December’s iPhone-only iOS 12.1.2 update as well.
iOS 12.1.3 is a minor update, though it fixes a handful of bugs affecting the iPad Pro, HomePod, and CarPlay. One of such fixes includes the audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro. It also fixes an issue on HomePod that could cause the device to restart or that could cause Siri to stop listening. Full release notes for iOS 12.1.3 are listed below.
● Fixes an issue in Messages that could impact scrolling through photos in the Details view.
● Address an issue where photos could have striped artifacts after being sent from the Share Sheet
● Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion when using external audio input devices on iPad Pro (2018)
● Resolves an issue that could cause certain CarPlay systems to disconnect from iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
This release also includes bug fixes for HomePod.
● Fixes an issue that could cause HomePod to restart
● Addresses an issue that could cause Siri to stop listening
Eligible iOS devices can grab the OTA update from Settings > General > Software Update. iPhone users will be updating from iOS 12.1.2 to iOS 12.1.3, while iPad users will be updating from iOS 12.1.1.